Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sledding and other adventures

This weekend, I got to go sledding, and it was so much fun! We got about a half a foot of snow so that we have about a foot and a half of snow on the ground now. A group of us got together and walked up to the water tower behind our lodge and went sledding for a couple hours. Lots of pictures were taken, and lots of fun things happened. One of the best things that we did, was to attempt to snowboard using one of those orange plastic sleds. Nobody was too successful, but everytime I fell, I managed to fall into the sled and I kept on going down the hill. It was sooo much fun! Afterwards, a group of us made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, basically from scratch. It was so good.

This week we started education season training. This is making me even more excited to start teaching. I really can't wait, and I can't wait to find out what grade I'm going to be teaching. In about 2 1/2 weeks I'll be in the classroom teaching.

Monday, we did our first community meeting and REAM. REAM is our extreme clean, where every cabin cleans a certain section of the commons area. The different sections that get cleaned are the office, kitchen, dinning hall, and bathrooms. My cabin had the bathrooms, which is apparently the easiest to clean, and so we were finished well before the other cabins were and got to move Herald into our cabin. As we walked him over to our cabin, we sang different songs to honor his moving into our cabin. He definitely kept us warm at night, but we found out that when first lighting him, the fire alarm is going to go off because of all the smoke he releases. He also doesn't last the entire night, but we're warm for most of the night, and then the cold just kinda helps us get up and going faster, I feel like.

Tomorrow we're going to go to the Manchester public library, where we're all being issued library cards for the time that we're here. I've also found a couple of other people who are interested in Antioch, and I think we're going to have a mini roadtrip over there to check it out together.

Anybody whose address I don't have, feel free to send it to me and I'll try to send you a postcard at some point. At the moment I have a lot of cards and am trying to send them out to people, but I only have like 5 people's addresses. I don't even have my dad's, that I know of. So please e-mail or something your addresses to me. My e-mail address is stephd.19@gmail.com

No comments: