Friday, October 30, 2009

I've made it through my 10 month internship and am in Oklahoma City with my parents for the time being. The last week in NH was lots of fun, filled with 3 days straight of cleaning everything in site including, the vans we used for 10 months, the lodge/office/bathrooms/kitchen, my summer cabin, my winter cabin, and the roofs of all of the winter cabins and summer cabins with new roofs. It was really sad to have to clean up everything and everywhere we'd lived for the last 10 months, but we made sure to make it so that the new people coming in in January would be happy with where they are now living. We even went on searches for pieces of wood to stock pile for them, like the people before us did. I do have to say that the best day ever was Commencement/my last night. Commencement was sad, of course, but we all got an NHCC '09 hat, a NH patch, and a letter that we'd written to ourselves at the very beginning of our internship. Then we had an awesome dinner, all the "other" people left, and the drinking began! The majority of us all stayed up until at 2am drinking, hanging out, and singing randomly together. It was amazing! And there are now pictures uploaded of at least my time at Umbagog, if not also my last night in NH.

No comments: